Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days. MORE!Now some folks will argue that this is an irrelevant issue, and on the surface it is, an issue between a husband and wife but this is just another example of many times he has lost his temper and called someone out of their name. From NewsMax:
"I have witnessed incidents where he has used profanity at colleagues and exploded at colleagues," said former Senator Bob Smith, a New Hampshire Republican who served with McCain on the Senate Armed Services Committee and on Republican policy committees. "He would disagree about something and then explode. It was incidents of irrational behavior. We've all had incidents where we have gotten angry, but I've never seen anyone act like that." MORE!His colleagues are even more likely to feel the wrath of his insane temper, and was probably the reason only 4 rethugs senators endorsed him in 2000...From Huffpo:
I can remember recently him calling a high school kid a "little jerk" for asking him a question about his age. Now just imagine he is elected President and he has a disagreement with the German Chancellor Merkel and calls her a c*nt. Or he pisses off China and they pull their money out of our economy, stop lending us the 12 billion a month to piss away in Iraqnam. He pissed off the Asian community once before back in 1992:
"F--- you," he shouted at Texas Sen. John Cornyn last year.
"Only an a------ would put together a budget like this," he told the former Budget Committee chairman, Sen. Pete Domenici, in 1999.
"I'm calling you a f------ jerk!" he once retorted to Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley. MORE!
The Senator told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." While McCain was referring specifically to unsavory prison guards during his time as a prisoner of war, his comments made Vietnamese people go crazy. You can still read some of the accounts at AsianWeek.com and AsianAM.org.I can only imagine what he would say to my "black rethug hatin'" ass, however he would only say it once, he might be just crazy enough to try it! I guess his new captors, the far right wingnuts and his buds at the "liberal media"
I love lists and I saw this over at Crooks & Liars:
10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don’t):
3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.
4. McCain opposes a woman’s right to choose. He said, “I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.”
6. He’s one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a “second job” and skip their vacations.
7. Many of McCain’s fellow Republican senators say he’s too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: “The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He’s erratic. He’s hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.”
8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.
9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his “spiritual guide,” Rod Parsley, believes America’s founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a “false religion.” McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church “the Antichrist” and a “false cult.”
10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.
John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. Please help get the word out—forward this email to your personal network. And if you want us to keep you posted on MoveOn’s work to get the truth out about John McCain, sign up here.
So there you have it the REAL John McCain. Now the Real question isn't whether or not he is fit to be President, but should he even be out in public without heavy medication?!
McCain: Batshit Insane?!
The New Defenders Of Dementia