QUOTE!

"If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?" — Chuck Palahniuk

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"It Can't Happen Here...Right?!"


"When Fascism Comes To Amerikkka It Will Be Wrapped In the Flag And Carrying A Bible" -Sinclair Lewis

I can remember when I was a kid reading about and hearing about some of the stories people were telling about how life was behind the "Iron Curtain" in the Old Soviet Union and I can also remember thinking, "I am so glad I don't live there!" Not that being black in Amerikkka when I was growing up was any prize but at least I could say and do what I wanted and I had the opportunity to be what ever I wanted or so I thought...I can remember watching movies like the red threat or red scare when the neo-cons were trying to push the Nuclear Nightmare Scenario with the Evil Empire as Ronny Raygun called them and I can remember being really worried that old fool was going to push the button...I didn't think we were going to make it out of the 80's but we did and we won the cold war by out spending the Soviets militarily...North Korea can't feed it's people now for making bombs...I thought then as I do now I would never want to live like they had to live back in the day during slavery or in some kind of fascist, neo-nazi, 3rd world country and I am living to see both of these situations happening before my eyes...I don't want to get into the debate about slavery and how it is continuing to thrive because that would take to long just know that we are all slaves to something or someone, many of us to hidden desires and mental manipulation deep in our subconscious...The slavery I am talking about is on a global level...We are all slaves on the Global Corporate Plantation...However, this is about being arrested for speaking out, for dissent and just like these people thought it would never happen to them, most think it would never happen to them until it does...From Crooks & Liars...

Hardball-Protest-Settle

On July 4th, 2004, Jeffery and Nicole Rank attended an public Independence Day event in Charleston, WV where President Bush was to speak. Despite the fact that the event was open to the public and was held on public land, the Ranks were arrested for wearing anti-Bush t-shirts. On Monday’s “Hardball” the couple told their astonishing story of being arrested, the charges that were filed against them and eventually dropped and why they decided to sue the United States government — a suit they thankfully won.

video_wmv Download (4203) | video_mov Download (1867) |

The Ranks were very brave to stand up to the Bush administration and they fought for all Americans and our right to free speech. We owe them thanks...


There have been numerous incidents like the one above just go over to the ACLU website and see for yourself...They start off slowly like this and before you know it, your locked up somewhere getting water boarded, without any recourse, because a jealous neighbor called the Ministry Of Homeland Security and hinted you might be making bombs in your basement just for laughs! Maybe I am paranoid...I'm thinking not paranoid enough! Maybe it's all the stuff I read and the movies I have seen but there is no easy way out of the mess where in in our own country let alone the world...We already have the propaganda outlets in place, we have a dumbed down, scared and scandal weary populace, all is left to do is make the marshal law announcements...From "The Handmaids Tale":


"It was after the catastrophe, when they shot the president and machine-gunned the Congress and the army declared a state of emergency. They blamed it on the Islamic fanatics, at the time. "Keep calm, they said on television. Everything is under control. "I was stunned. Everyone was, I know that. It was hard to believe. The entire government, gone like that. How did they get in, how did it happen? "That was when they suspended the Constitution. They said it would be temporary. There wasn't even any rioting in the streets. People stayed home at night, watching television, looking for some direction. There wasn't even an enemy you could put your finger on. "Look out, said Moira to me, over the phone. Here it comes. "Here what comes? I said. "You wait, she said. They've been building up to this. It's you and me up against the wall, baby. She was quoting an expression of my mother's, but she wasn't intending to be funny.

"Things continued in that state of suspended animation for weeks, although some things did happen. Newspapers were censored and some were closed down, for security reasons they said. The roadblocks began to appear, and Identipasses. Everyone approved of that, since it was obvious you couldn't be too careful. They said that new elections would be held, but that it would take some time to prepare for them. The thing to do, they said, was to continue on as usual." (p. 225)


It's happening here right before our eyes and most of us are welcoming it! The corporations tell the politicians to tell you how they are going to take care of the threat and y'all just keep on shopping! keep on buying them big SUV's and half ton trucks!




Drive, Fly, Buy...Sheeple!
10-acious_D
The New Defenders Of Reality!





No comments: