QUOTE!

"If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?" — Chuck Palahniuk

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"Think About It Tuesday!"


Got something new I want to try out...I'm going to call it "Think About It Tuesday!" I will try to find an interesting topic, hopefully, and then open it up for discussion...I wanted to do a weekly called "The Week In God" but that narrows the discussion and far be it from me to do that...Ha! Anywho, today's topic is a favorite of mine God & Religion...I will give you my beliefs below...The video runs about an hour and a half, but it is a very, very enlightening discussion...

Al Sharpton and Christopher Hitchens
Al Sharpton and Christopher Hitchens


Host: The New York Public Library
Location: New York, NY
Date: May 7, 2007

Program Description: A Debate: God Is Not Great with Al Sharpton and Christopher Hitchens.

Taking on possibly the greatest issue of our time - the malignant force of religion in the world - Christopher Hitchens makes the ultimate case against religion through a close and learned reading of the major religious texts, citing numerous historical instances in which sexual repression and outrageous acts of violence have been committed in the name of God. He argues for a more secular life based on science and reason, in which hell is replaced by the Hubble telescope's awesome view of the universe, and Moses and the burning bush give way to the beauty and symmetry of the double helix.

Join The New York Public Library as the Reverand Al Sharpton and author Christopher Hitchens debate faith, religion and God.




It is a very thin line here and you CANNOT say with any certainty one way or another whether God exists...My personal belief is there is a Creator and he has a plan...I believe he created the universe and this world to evolve...I am also a great believer in the "God in Me Principles" that I have argued before on this blog...That means that we don't need some "Man of God" to tell us how to act Godly...I don't agree with the fact that it takes some other man to explain MY God to me...I guess that is where religion comes in and how it obscures everything for me...The argument that if there was no God that people would not know right from wrong is just not true...God, by making us in his image has given us every thing that we need to survive as people...Let's go one step further..."God Intelligently Designed the Universe to Evolve!" My understanding of the world around me didn't just happen it evolved as I got older...The things I believed 10 years ago I might not necessarily believe today...Simple aging is a process of evolution...Religion has it's place...I will argue that it is no better than a 12 step program, but it does have it's place and used properly it makes you a better person...Used improperly we have the world as we see it today...

The floor is now open for discussion...What is your take?



The God In You
10-acious_D
The New Defenders Of Evolution





No comments: